Are you concerned about climate change and want to make a difference?
Would you like to connect with other Ashlanders who care about climate change?
Come volunteer with the Ashland Climate Collaborative (ACC)!
The Ashland Climate Collaborative was formed in 2022 to serve as a hub for local action to reduce our climate footprint and build a resilient community. We cultivate positive energy and community in assisting each other to adopt meaningful climate solutions.
There are many ways to serve!
- Serve on our Board of Directors: help set our vision and strategy and develop the organization. Duties: attend monthly board meetings, promote the ACC across the community, and sometimes roll up your sleeves to work with our Action Teams.
- Serve on our Advisory Committee: We seek individuals with community connections and skills to provide feedback on our strategic direction and plans.
- Provide pro bono professional services (e.g., legal, grant writing, graphic design, etc.).
- Join an ACC Action Team:
- Electrify Ashland Now: supporting neighbors to shift household energy sources from “natural” gas (methane) to renewable electricity.
- Streets for Everyone: working toward a connected, protected Ashland street network where people of all ages, abilities, and means can safely and conveniently bike, walk, and roll throughout Ashland.
- Water Conservation: a source for information about Ashland’s water supply and how to conserve water at home.
- Composting: working toward a community-wide food composting solution that supports local farms and reduces methane emissions caused by food waste
- General Volunteering: Assist with tabling at community events, posting flyers, administrative tasks, and more.
- Participate in a Neighborhood Climate Action Network (NCAN) group: Get together with your neighbors to adapt to climate change and our impact.